(Click on the photo for a larger view, then click again)
I spotted this pear pair in the shop and they were begging to be photographed 🙂 .
Apart from the camera and tripod everything used to make this photo was a common household item: two lamps, two pieces of paper, and two or three books.
Information for the photographically inclined:
- one piece of paper made an infinity curve (the background)
- one piece of baking paper diffused the main desk lamp on the right (this is a fire hazard)
- a second desk lamp on the left partially filled the shadows. This lamp was more distant than the other in order to make it weaker than the main lamp
- the books raised everything to a comfortable height above the table top
- the main lamp was halogen and the secondary was conventional incandescent, but a custom white balance fixed that. If either lamp is moved closer or farther away another white balance should be done
- the shot was done at night with all other lights off so that I had total control of the lighting
- obviously the two second self timer should be used if you don’t have a cable release